23 June - 28 July
6:30 - 8:30pm CT
A priceless piece of advice my meditation teacher shared with me in retreat:
Pain x resistance = suffering
This equation continually sees me through the ups & downs of life. The Yoga sutras provide a clear, lineage-based map of the mind & its relationship with the world so we may observe & release where our resistances have created & sustained our stress. This opens the way to self love, empathy and forging a new agreement with reality itself as our teacher. -- Michael
In this module we will cover some of the most powerful verses from the ancient Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. The Yoga Sutras are about unblocking * empowering our mind to discover & gain powerful insights into the nature of reality & our powerful part in shaping it.
Some of the major topics covered:
- Presence & the cause of disconnection
- Connecting to Source consciousness in the present
- The Five major mental afflictions, karma & samsara
- Tracking states of mind; discerning delusion from correct perceptions
- Time/resource management, getting familiar with reality blindspots
- The Five Powers leading to Awakening
- The Four Infinite thoughts
- Becoming realized & awakened
- The eight limbed path to self mastery
Michael is a musician of 30 years and a Yogi of over 20 years. Michael has over 2,000 hours of Yoga trainings in Tibetan Buddhist Sutra & Tantra (open & secret traditions), Vinyasa, Ashtanga, ISHTA and Shamatha (mind training). Michael has completed four 30-day solitary Tantric retreats and 10 vipassana retreats. He guides people on their individual paths of growth and evolution.
His classes, workshops, and retreats weave together dharma, asana, meditation, and live music to guide participants along their paths with scholarship and artistry. He is the founder and director of Vessel Academy and a graduate of Berklee College of Music.